Thursday, January 19, 2012

COOL DIRECTOR: MALIK SAYEED

I am a music video junkie. I'm also a lighting junkie. So when I come across music videos with great lighting I get a little too excited for my own good. Anyways, three of my favorite videos ever were directed by Malik Sayeed. He goes heavy with saturated colors and interesting special effects and I love it! Years ago I read that he didn't like the final product of "Left and Right" music video by D'angelo. As an artist he probably had one thing in his head, and produced something that didn't meet up to his expectations. I cannot feel his agony because I don't know what his initial vision was, so I like the final outcome. A lot. Check out my three favorite Malik Sayeed videos:

"Left and Right" by D'angelo



"Ex Factor" by Lauryn Hill




"Jigga What, Jigga Who" by Jay-Z



No comments:

Post a Comment